Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Soon be xmas

I'm thinkin about what to write on this letter to santa. I could use some surf gear but I need some inspiration and tips.

I Need a badass casting machine for use with a multiplier... prolly from Baardsen.

so which rods and which version Abu mag???

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'll be wanting a brand new one... its Xmas time after all.

What are the main differences between a Mag Elite and a C3 HiSpeed?

What about rods? What have they got for a multiplier?

I've got the G5 Supasport. With those you can almost pull the bottom up and just pick up the fish. They use them for sharks in Namibia so I guess you can handle anything swimming here. But then you might wanna go for a 7000 or a Penn 535.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Check out the Tip-Tornadoes, i.e. a Sport og Lite... The G5 is overkill for as good as anything in our waters, and in my opinion to heavy and stiff.

The tip tornadoes sound about right but I can't work out what the difference is and whether its worth the extra between the superlite and the lite.

Do You use a tip tornado?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

How long is the G5? sounds like it could be a bit of a beast for Me... I'm as little as Thor.

Don't start talking about penn reels... I'll be bankrupt by new year ;)

It's 13 feet, but as Thor says its a bit stiff and not your first choice if you'll be fishing for smaller fish. And if you are Thors size I would go for something from the Otto Oter range. :)

Penn reels aint to expencive if you order them from the UK, I got my 535 for £70. And I guess you have people there who can help you out with avoiding customs.

The Penn reels take a lot more beating and needs less maintenance than the ABUs, thou you might throw a bit longer with an Ambassadeur.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I mostly use something not much bigger than the otto oter startpack now lol.

I was thinking about a mag Xtra but I'd have to wait til new year when I do a visa run. Not sure I can be doing all that fiddling with internal parts tho... I'm good at destroying reels. all of which got me thinking about the Abu mags... easy to maintain.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fiskemannens 535 is the cheapest version without any mag brakes if I'm not mistaken...

Thats right, and its not the easiest reel to cast with. Also, they don't recommend the 535 reels to people with small, soft, girlish taxi driver hands as they have small, soft and girlish thumbs that cant really hold the spool.

:)

BTW, have anyone tested the Carbon Metal?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Since its christmas you should go for the real deal, check out Shimano cte 700.

Just got one and a friend of mine just tried it on som badass salmon.. He was delighted..

I got mine on a Ebay auction and ended up with one for 1800nkr. (-total=reel, shipping,handling vat and so on.....) But the others i got for my friends came on a total of 2500nkr.

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Shimano-Calcutta-T...oQQcmdZViewItem

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Since its christmas you should go for the real deal, check out Shimano cte 700.

Just got one and a friend of mine just tried it on som badass salmon.. He was delighted..

I got mine on a Ebay auction and ended up with one for 1800nkr. (-total=reel, shipping,handling vat and so on.....) But the others i got for my friends came on a total of 2500nkr.

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Shimano-Calcutta-T...oQQcmdZViewItem

They make some sweet casting reels but at the prices I'd have to look at cheaper rods. I'm not too confident servicing shimano reels myself either, they are always over-engineered for my capabilities.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider