Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

New boots

Take a trip to Amandasenteret, at OBS they have Viking rubberboots, vel insulated to a good price, 299.-

Both i and ThorEH have this :)

I had a pair... they lasted a couple of months before the soles wore out and they let in water.

Its on sale at my local XXL. 699,- for the Bear and 899,- for the Glacier. But not at their webshop..

Dunno if your close to an XXL?

Never heard of an XXL store round here :lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sofafisker'n

Har nokon prøvd Muck-boots? Dei ser tette ut i alle fall.

Har sikla en stund på de. Støvlene er av neopren, og finnes i utallige utgaver med forskjellige komforttemperaturer, helt ned i -40C. Fant den mest ekstreme til 1350,- her i hjemlandet, men kan handles fra "Junaiten" for under halvparten ($109).

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/product_inf...?products_id=28

http://www.muckboots.no/html/product_sheet...ductid=18046221

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sofafisker'n

These ones are good down to -40 too... not a bad price either :lol:

http://www.stovelbutikken.no/productview/19440155/

Hmm.. Ikke så galt det der nei.. Nå må jeg jo vurdere dette enda mer..:D Ser ut til å ha samme spesifikasjonene som den Arctic sport utgaven og.. Jeg skal ikke ut i -40C, så det holder nok lenge for meg..:lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If nothing better pops up soon I think I'll bag me a pair.

'best in test in finland'... doubt I'll make it that far so they are probably more than adequate.

They couldn't possibly be worse than mustad seafarers in anycase, they were the biggest waste of thinsulate lining ever made.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sofafisker'n

If nothing better pops up soon I think I'll bag me a pair.

'best in test in finland'... doubt I'll make it that far so they are probably more than adequate.

Du får lage en rapport hvis du ender opp med disse.. (Egentlig fint med en rapport uavhengig av hva du ender på. Trenger noen støvler snart jeg og..)

They couldn't possibly be worse than mustad seafarers in anycase, they were the biggest waste of thinsulate lining ever made.

:lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Du får lage en rapport hvis du ender opp med disse.. (Egentlig fint med en rapport uavhengig av hva du ender på. Trenger noen støvler snart jeg og..)

I'll write a report of what I end up with but I won't be going very far until april so it'll be based on fishing around the Haugesund area... come to think of it, it snowed last may in Haugesund :lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I higly recommend Muck Boot, your feet wont get cold unless you are dead, and they are very comfortable as well!

I have a pair of them and they are by far the best boots i ever had. I have used them all year round for 2 years now, from freezing winterdays out at sea hunting for seals, fishing for seatrout winter/spring, fishing in rivers for salmon and long autumn days hunting deer and grouse. I have really put them to the test! In fact they are a bit too warm if you are planning long walks in steep terrain (typical for stalking deer in the hillsides on the west coast of Norway for example) but better too warm than soggy and cold, also i prefer leatherboots with rigid anckle-support for long hikes in the high mountain because the Muck Boot is neoprene and a bit to soft around the anckles and knees if you are unfortunate enough to twist a leg or fall in hillsides filled with large rocks and boulders.

I have many friends that bought Muck Boot before me and they loved them so i had to try them for myself, the people that recommended these boots are passionate hunters and fishermen so they have very high standards for the gear they buy and know what not to buy, what is crap basicly. Fishing for seatrout in several degrees below zero and howling wind with nothing but thin socks inside the boots and still warm and comfy was proof that these boots were exactly what i had been looking for. With rubber boots i would have been freezing, even with thick woolsocks.

They might be a bit expensive but in my opinion they are definately worth it, i will not wear traditional wellingtons again as long as i can wear Muck Boot instead! They come in different shape, size and colour, choose the one that suits you.

I dont know how good your Norwegian is but at the bottom of this website(www.hovdmyra.no) under "5 siste produkttester" you find another Muck Boot test/recommendation.

Endret av S.Eie
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

They sound pretty damn good... the ones that were 600nok sold out of my size the same night I posted the link tho :closedeyes:

Probably worth forking out an extra 2-300 for another one tho.

I just hope the soles don't wear out quickly... I go through boots so fast just walking to spots around the fjord locally.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Muckboots Tay Sport in black and the Mrs. got the Spey camo ones (same boot different pattern).

Had them out today, They are nice and warm and not sweaty and very comfortable. They are very springy and it feels like walking on a mattress or something, infact going downhill its's like they walk on their own.

On the downside... We both found them to be very slippy on wet rocks :P major pain in the arse, I'm just hoping they will become a bit grippier as they wear a little. The jury is still out on them but they are nice boots.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We both found them to be very slippy on wet rocks :D major pain in the arse, I'm just hoping they will become a bit grippier as they wear a little. The jury is still out on them but they are nice boots.

Kjedelig.. Men som du sier, det kan hende de sitter litt bedre når du "kommer igjennom" såla. Var innom Villmarksbutikken på Jessheim og så på de, og det kjentes ut som om det var et belegg som bør bort. Støvler som mister fotfestet når det blir vått blir litt rart..:P

Takk for fin tilbakemelding!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Another little point is that the sizes seem correct to me. I got a size up from my usual size and there is a little room that can be filled with a wooly sock. I fished from a harbour earlier today and had my feet in the water for a few hours continuously... feet were the only part of me that wasn't freezing but not as warm as when walking so a wooly sock could be useful when fishing.

No trouble with the soles on wet wooden pontoon in the harbour either... shall brave the north wind again later and check the grip on wet rocks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Another little point is that the sizes seem correct to me. I got a size up from my usual size and there is a little room that can be filled with a wooly sock. I fished from a harbour earlier today and had my feet in the water for a few hours continuously... feet were the only part of me that wasn't freezing but not as warm as when walking so a wooly sock could be useful when fishing.

No trouble with the soles on wet wooden pontoon in the harbour either... shall brave the north wind again later and check the grip on wet rocks again.

Jeg prøvde også en str 45, og de virker normale i størrelsen, og akkurat like vriene å få av seg som andre støvler..:) (Var nok et komisk syn i butikken der jeg sto og halte i mitt eget ben, uten et sted å sitte..)

Håper de fester bedre på våt stein ved neste test. Rart med støvler merket - Slippery when wet..:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jeg prøvde også en str 45, og de virker normale i størrelsen, og akkurat like vriene å få av seg som andre støvler..:) (Var nok et komisk syn i butikken der jeg sto og halte i mitt eget ben, uten et sted å sitte..)

Håper de fester bedre på våt stein ved neste test. Rart med støvler merket - Slippery when wet..:)

They are beginning to grip a little more... hope it increases with use.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider