Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Micro fish at Billedholmen

atomichaggis

Went down to Billedholmen a couple of days ago since the weather was actually nice for a change. I had high hopes of micro species around the area, so I took a light rod and a bag of shrimp and explored around the breakwater and the holm from small beaches and from rocks as well as a small sound behind the holm itself.

The tide was really low and the fishing very disappointing. I crushed blåskjell and cut up some shrimp and tossed it out on some promising looking spots off the holm but all I saw were crabs. I took a few casts into the sound which produced sandflyndre every cast. Most exciting thing there was a massive seatrout that jumped and scared the crap out of me.

I walked back to the breakwater and blind fished the deepest side and got constant bites... no real micro species to be had tho, all sypike, hvitting, sandflyndre, torsk, småsei and bergnebb.

I Soon got fed up and decided to try the shallow inner side, which I had high hopes for. After the obligatory småsei and hvitting I got a proper micro species finally:

Little negros

The biggest

billedholmen002.jpg

The prettiest

billedholmen007.jpg

Several more followed as well as more bergnebb and hvitting etc.

The water was brown so I was fishing blind and couldn't see what else was down there... there has to be other kutling/possible kvabbe down there so I shall try again in hopefully not to long.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Usually the first thing that jumps out of the cracks between the rocks there are småsei so the svartkutling seems a bit tame afterwards :D Pic doesn't show the size very well but the first one was pretty big :)

The night before I hooked a torpedo of a fish on the other side of the breakwater... must have been a big trout or salmon (was one hopping around the area). The drag was only just tight enough to lift micro species from the water and the reel screamed like I have only ever dreamed about. I was absolutely helpless :) It took about ten meters of line, I lifted the tip and bent the rod a little to add a little pressure then it went into warpspeed for a few more meters before it got off :( Owner mosquito size 14 was totally straightened out :unsure:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Usually the first thing that jumps out of the cracks between the rocks there are småsei so the svartkutling seems a bit tame afterwards :D Pic doesn't show the size very well but the first one was pretty big :D

The night before I hooked a torpedo of a fish on the other side of the breakwater... must have been a big trout or salmon (was one hopping around the area). The drag was only just tight enough to lift micro species from the water and the reel screamed like I have only ever dreamed about. I was absolutely helpless :unsure: It took about ten meters of line, I lifted the tip and bent the rod a little to add a little pressure then it went into warpspeed for a few more meters before it got off :) Owner mosquito size 14 was totally straightened out :(

shit happens :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nice fish! Alot darker in color than those I get in my area. Weight of the biggest one?

They change colour chameleon style when you take them out of the water... they are black at first then they start to marble grey before turning all grey. I noticed when snorkeling that they are grey when on clean sand in clear water and black when in their rock dens (or old axe can :unsure: )

I don't have a small digi scale so I couldn't weigh them unfortunately.

shit happens :)

Long way into the fredningsone so it's ok :(

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Raphaug came down tonight but the kutling weren't getting a chance amongst the hvitting etc., He did hook one kutling like fish but it dropped off the hook :)

Jill and I fished the other side for bigger fish, namely Fløyfisk.

I got Gylte and Ulke... Ulke was really fat and 300+ grams

HPIM1409.jpg

HPIM1411.jpg

Jill went one better and got herself a Fløyfisk :(

Billedholmen001.jpg

Off to england tomorrow but shall be probing further when I get back :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nice nice! Gotta take a trip down there when i get back from Sweeden again. :)

I should be back by Thursday, and i dont have any work until Tuesday again, so heres hoping for the weather being nice when i come home. :)

We are back on wednesday :) Bloody hot over here in england!... hope it's cooler in hell!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We are back on wednesday :) Bloody hot over here in england!... hope it's cooler in hell!

Its the same in southern Sweeden atm. So hot its impossible to do anything but sit on a chair and drink beer. Not that theres anything wrong with that... :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider