Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Small boat limitations

What is the minimum specifications for a boat for sea fishing around the fjords and sounds around the west?... actually more like Tysvær, Bokn, Haugesund areas so not very far from home and lots of sheltered areas but the open sea is always a temptation.

Ideally I'd just get something in the region of 18-20 ft with a big feck off motor but the more I research it the more it looks like a trip to the bank and a number of years to pay it off would be required. Is it worthwhile to go smaller say 14-16 footer with a small motor or would that be a costly mistake?

What boats do You folks have? and what kind of range and conditions can you fish in?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Svar 64
  • Created
  • Siste svar

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rana boats have a little 'cuddy' cabin at the front... trouble with that is there is less space to fish from.

My dream boat would be one of these walk around boats with a pilothouse, best of both worlds!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hadde en 14fot Rana, den var veldig ustabil. Den passet best i god vær, mens andre 14fotere klarer mye mere sjø og bevegelse i båten. Har fiska mye fra en 14f Buster i troms, ingen problemer med litt bølger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hadde en 14fot Rana, den var veldig ustabil. Den passet best i god vær, mens andre 14fotere klarer mye mere sjø og bevegelse i båten. Har fiska mye fra en 14f Buster i troms, ingen problemer med litt bølger.

I thought they might roll a bit due to the hull design... possibly why they sell so cheap.

Back to the drawing board *sigh*

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'm undecided as of yet. I like the idea of being able to finance my first choice boat but then its all up to how much our credit is worth and how able I am to live with a debt... then there is insurance, equipment and moorings etc.

Saving several months income and trawling through the private ads I might be able to get a reasonable boat but I need to weigh up any potential boats capabilities against the conditions... thats why I started this thread. If I can figure out my basic requirements I can start putting prices on it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

A friend of mine has got one of these... think he is satisfied.Uttern

I've seen some of the open versions of that boat going for a sweet price actually.

What are the repayments like on boats around 100K from a dealer?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You havent tought about buying one in Britain the extra cost is the vat (mva) that you dont pay in Britain and a horsepower fee that is 141:-/hp. and the shipping of course.

I were looking on some Lochins overthere and the prices are much lower on the other side of the Northsea than here but finaly I found a good Lochin in Sweden but thats another story. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You havent tought about buying one in Britain the extra cost is the vat (mva) that you dont pay in Britain and a horsepower fee that is 141:-/hp. and the shipping of course.

I were looking on some Lochins overthere and the prices are much lower on the other side of the Northsea than here but finaly I found a good Lochin in Sweden but thats another story. :)

Prices in the UK are waaaaaay cheaper. I had a Shakespeare speedboat and motor which I bought for a few hundred pound in the UK... same boat in norway costs thousands. I had wondered about importing something but it seems like a real hassle setting it all up.

I'm liking the Norwegian styled open boats at present so I'll probably go for that first... failing that a good ol cathederal hull from the UK might be worth a look.

A lot of people in the UK import from USA nowadays... cracking deals on bigger leisure craft.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

My father once had a Rana 17 Fisk and I think thats the one boat he truly misses. After what he says it was and still is the best fishing boat he ever have owned.

Edit. On the boat asmund aa linked to I would be a bit worried about the engine. I have earlyer owned on Evinrude from the early 90s and was not happy with it. Had some problems with it on low rpms so I could't "dorge" with it.

Endret av mavi
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Rana 17 Fish is a really good boat, with excellent hull for the norwegian coast. It is not fast, though.

If you can afford it, you should buy a new engine (or a slightly used one). It's normal to get this boats together with an old 2-stroke engine which huffs an puffs, smells like shit and spends all your money on gasoline.

This one has a rather new engine:

http://www.finn.no/finn/boat/object?finnko...404&WT.svl=Link

I've also tried this one once:

Nice boat for fishing, but not as stable as the 17'.

Endret av Skogtroll2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

My father once had a Rana 17 Fisk and I think thats the one boat he truly misses. After what he says it was and still is the best fishing boat he ever have owned.

Edit. On the boat asmund aa linked to I would be a bit worried about the engine. I have earlyer owned on Evinrude from the early 90s and was not happy with it. Had some problems with it on low rpms so I could't "dorge" with it.

Thats confidence inspiring then ;) I'm not gonna buy the one in the ad, I'm gonna see what my credit is worth then decide between finance on a new one or something cheaper on the private market... at the Prices those rana 17s go for tho, I couldn't complain about having a beat up old spare engine either.

I thought evinrudes were similar to Johnsons... I had an old seahorse from the 80's, good as gold.

The Rana 17 Fish is a really good boat, with excellent hull for the norwegian coast. It is not fast, though.

If you can afford it, you should buy a new engine (or a slightly used one). It's normal to get this boats together with an old 2-stroke engine which huffs an puffs, smells like shit and spends all your money on gasoline.

This one has a rather new engine:

I've also tried this one once:

Nice boat for fishing, but not as stable as the 17'.

Thats pretty much how I thought about the old motors... It's really the hull I'm interested in when I see these old boats.

New 4 stroke engines cost a fortune! :o Think I'd have to take a chance on a slightly new one if I went down this path.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...

I think a Rana 17 and a fairly new 4 stroke could be cheaper than that... when the price starts creeping up to 100K its time to visit a dealership and see about finance.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider