Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Selbusjøen 12/1/2013

atomichaggis

Had planned a trip to an inland water I can't remember the name of after Røye but due to a colleague getting drunk and ending up far away we didn't have access to the area. My other colleague was still up for icefishing though and we decided at the last minute that we should try Selbusjøen with Låkkå in mind.

This suited me fine as I had already planned to cross off this species and am not so keen on mountain terrain.

We picked up some essentials, like cupcakes, juice and gloves at the gas station past Tømra along with permits and made our way onto the ice at some firewood place... not easy to find access and parking round there.

I heard the ice was scary up there but first test hole was up to the handle and it was never less than 40cm anywhere. Sun was shining, wind was still, an absolutley beautiful day, no surface water or snow either and a crisp -13C in the morning warmed up to around -9C.

With the help of youtube on android we found our way to the spawning grounds and started drilling. first holes were a bit shallow, so we moved 20-30 m and drilled again. was about 10m deep there.

i rigged up one rod with mack on a short paternoster and fished another with a balance jig. My colleague fished one rod with bait.

First half hour was slow but then it began...

Ørjan gets first bite...

2013-01-12130706.jpg

Barely done with taking pics and my reel starts clicking...

2013-01-12130919.jpg

Back up to 49 species, freshwater Brosme replacing Slimål :)

After that it was a fish on balance, then bait, then balance, then bait every few minutes.

Ørjan got 3 total and I got 12. All small fish but plentiful.

Really is just to winch them up here and an easy score for anyone needing the species...

2013-01-12145257.jpg

Might return for Gjedde if anyone knows where they hang out this time of year?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We fished a spot there had been taken 50+ fish several times. I made the mistake of placing my holes far apart... got a few kms walk in a couple of hrs fishing :)

I read that hersjøen is the place for big ones. not sure how big tho.

I got lots of tips for pike in summer, not so confident they're there now tho. lot of shallow bays which are frozen to the bottom now.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

De store finnes fortsatt i Selbusjøen, tok selv en på 2,8 kilo i fjor. Vet også at det er tatt på 5 kg+ på garn det siste året. Fortsatt er nok de små i flertall, men snittstørrelsen har tatt seg opp de siste årene.

Området dere fisket i er nok heller ikke kjent for å gi de største individene.... :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Området dere fisket i er nok heller ikke kjent for å gi de største individene.... :)

Send coordinates then :P

I just wanted to secure the species and I know of at least 3 catches of over 50 fish from that spot, so it was a success in that respect.

I'm interested to hear about gjedde and røye from the ice now if you have any tips?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Where is bonnaunet? Can't find it on map.

Foldsjøen definately looks like an interesting place to fish... just need to lure someone with wheels out with me.

Who sells permits there btw?

Having trouble finding out where to get permits from everytime I look up a freshwater lake. Inatur site is crapped out lately and too many junk results on google.

No wonder I prefer saltwater!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ja, når det gjelder antall valgte du nok riktig plass :)

Tror områdene rundt utløpet av Garbergselva og Tømraelva kan være gode gjeddeplasser(er i alle fall det sommerstid), mens de større lakene nok oppholder seg på lytt dypere vann, i alle fall utenom gytetiden.

Røye og Selbusjøen vinterstid er det nok svært få som har testet, og de som har testet har slitt med å få fangst av nevneverdig størrelse. Et tips er nok litt dypere vann, men disse områdene er som regel sjelden islagt.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 weeks later...

Prøvde selbusjøen i dag, for første gang på mange år. Fikk absolutt ingen ting! Er født og oppvokst på/ved selbusjøen og må si det var en stor skuffelse. For ca 15 år siden kunne jeg dra mer lake en jeg orket bære med hjem på en god dag! Enten bommet jeg på gytetiden, eller så har den flyttet dypere etter gjedda kom. Før drev jeg alltid kikkhullfiske på 2-4 meters dyp og på det verste så man ikke bunn pga bare lake. Så du fisket på 10 meter, så dypt har jeg aldr vært!

Ps: skal du finne dypt vann i selbusjøen må du vest for fløneset, alt på østsiden er ca 10 - 20 m, noen få steder sør for øya 30 (mindre på vinteren når sjøen er tappet ned) Vestover blir sjøen bare dypere og dypere til den til slutt når 206meter...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider