Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Ferskvann har det noe innvirkning?

Thomas94

Det har betydning for arter som lever på områder hvor saltbalansen endres av regnvannet. Typisk eksempel er innerst i fjordarmer, hvor det øverste vannlaget består av primært ferskvann. Hvis du feks ser på Drammensfjorden, vil mye regnvann bety at ferskvannsarger som abbor og gjedde kan påtreffes langt ute i fjorden.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thats not completely true, alot of species can handle really brackish water like cod, pollack, coalfish and Mackarel...

I'm only speaking from experience. Every summer when it was almost impossible to catch anything other than mackerel at the inner part of førlandsfjorden in tysvær; a good downpour would clear the area of everything except trout, flatties, eels and the occasional cod. Mackerel was always the first thing that dissappeared along with the garfish. This area could be described as brackish all the time and is home to very many species but after a heavy rainfall it's a whole different ballgame.

I fished there for years and the first 8 months in norway I fished at least 8 hours a day on this fjord so in my mind it's pretty conclusive.

Endret av atomichaggis
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Pretty sure they all have their own prefered salinity level with varying degrees of tolerance, seems very probable that some won't tolerate huge amounts of freshwater. On the opposite side of the scale, it is known that when it's cold; seatrout can't cope with salt too well and come closer in to the brackish areas.

The area I was talking about could be extremely brackish at times as it is mostly high sided and long and narrow with shallow water but for most of the time had an abundance of species so I doubt you'll miss too much.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider