Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

How to know if it is a good fishing day?

Boogee

Isn't it one of the great assets of fishing that it is unpredictable? Of course we try to reduce the randomness, by improving our knowledge and technique. Factors like weather and time of the day are obviously important. Fishing early in the morning and late in the evening is always a good recommendation, also when it comes to mackerel fishing. But the mackerel is a schooling fish, restlessly covering large distances. Therefore it is very difficult to predict where it will turn up on a particular day. You just have to go out and try. Trying different places over time will gradually build up the experience and ability to predict when and where you'll find the fish. Tight Lines!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

And it depends if you are fishing in salt or freshwater. This other day me and my friend was fishing in a small lake. It was hot and sunny and the Bass was hitting spinners and jigs all day. 

Yesterday we went to the same lake and it was not sunny. But we only got a few small Bass using the same lures. So we had to change things up. I was no longer interesting in fishing Bass so i hooked on a big Pike wobbler. On my first cast i did get a 1,5-2kg Pike. 

If the fish not bit you have to change between lures and fishing techniques :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei

The macerel is a little special, like piscator says .It moves very fast, and can be there by the lot one day, and be somwhere else another, so you dont get anything at all. Also, cloudy weather is somewhat better than sunny in my opinion, but not always. And now, late summer and autumm, It has a tendency to spread more so you can get more single fish. The juvenile herring from this years spawning is also moving in to shallow waters at this time of year, and the macerel follows

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider